In our busy life, stress is unavoidable and not everyone knows how to manage stress. They might suffer from stress for a long time without no exit. There are many ways to find help for stress. You could benefit from counselling, massage, or exercise, for instance. Now, thanks to the ubiquity of smart phones in our society, there is another way to beat stress, as well as anxiety, depression, and other psychological disorders. As latest technology, people gradually look for useful tools for stress management.
Portable devices, such as smart phones and tablets, are offering an ideal platform for stress relief. There are apps now for almost any kind of stress therapy, be it meditation, mindfulness breathing, cognitive behavior therapy, relaxation techniques, coloring in, or online therapy chat services.
All of these apps are available to download for free and are available on both android and apple platforms, making them accessible to anyone with a smart phone.
General Stress Relief Apps
Stress is normal in life, Whether you’re seeking professional therapy or coping on your own, we’ve found the best iPhone and Android apps to help you calm your mind. Use these apps to put your anxiety into perspective, track your thought patterns, unwind with guided meditations, and more.
• Personal Zen: Developed with a professor of psychology and neurosciences, a series of games based on clinical findings about methods for reducing anxiety levels..
Provides guided deep breathing and muscle relaxation exercises, daily antianxiety experiments, and tools including a mood tracker. Recording your own thoughts can help you understand your thinking patterns and recognize possible anxiety triggers.
• GPS for the Soul:
Created by Arianna Huffington and Deepak Chopra, GPS for the Soul uses biofeedback to help you determine your level of stress by measuring your heart rate and heart rate variability, and helps you manage stress with meditation tools that include calming pictures and music. One amazing advantage is that you use your phone’s camera and others tools to perform it.
Meditation apps :
Whether you prefer deep breathing or guided imagery to help relax your mind, meditation can have significant benefits on your mental and physical health. That’s why many online Meditation apps built to serve demand of humans.
• The Mindfulness App: This app provides many options for those who want to learn and practice meditation. Whether you are beginner or advanced, you can choose suitable options for you. This meditation app includes a five-day guided meditation practice, reminders for when it’s time to relax, and other offers based on individual meditation habits. If you want to be more mindful and incorporate regular meditation into the day, this app is the gold standard.
• Calm: Calm offers a wide range of guided meditations to assist people in adding more relaxation into their lives. The selections range from 3-minute to 25-minute sessions. It also includes a feature called Daily Calm, a 10-minute program you can practice before the beginning or end of your day — a great routine to get into. For those who want to improve quality of sleep, they can find breathing exercise.
• Headspace: This app is really ideal for people just starting a meditation routine. Its free trial includes 10 exercises geared toward beginners that can help you learn more about meditation as well as applying it to your life. Check out the personalized progress page, reward system for continued practice, and buddy system that lets users connect with others to stay on track. The vibrant animations add a cute, light-hearted touch to help you understand meditation.
• iOm: This apps can help train you to relax your body and your mind with relative ease.
General Apps That Can Be Used for Stress Management
Some apps aren’t specifically use for stress management but have been found to be helpful in relieving stress by supporting other healthy habits. Below are some of recommend for you:
• My Fitness Pal: Whether you want to lose weight, tone up, get healthy, change your habits, or start a new diet, you’ll love MyFitnessPal. Because healthy nutrition can affect your mood and your stress levels, this one can really be helpful to track your weight and give you instruction of caloric intake and healthy diet
• Happify: Happify is an app for adults aimed to improve overall well-being and happiness, with influences from positive psychology, cognitive behavioral therapy and mindfulness. The goal is to spend a few minutes every day completing activities. Each activity intends to strengthen one of the five happiness skills: savor, thankful, aspire, give, or empathize
• Fitbit: Sleep is very important for your health. You can use a Fibit tracker to record your sleep at night. Then, use the sleep tools in the app to set a weekly sleep goal, create bedtime reminders and wake targets, and review your sleep trends over time.